The Salvation Army Pasadena will hold its seventh annual Red Kettle Kickoff Breakfast on Friday, Nov. 20, with a virtual fundraising event to open the holiday season. The program will begin at 8 a.m.
Fritz Coleman returns as emcee and Lisa Guerrero, chief investigative reporter for television’s “Inside Edition,” will serve as keynote speaker.
Sponsorship levels, including delivered or donated breakfasts, are available. Registration is free for all. To donate or register, visit tinyurl.com/PasadenaKKO.
“My family goes back four generations to the Salvation Army in England and three generations back to the Salvation Army in Chile,” Guerrero said. “I have hundreds of family members who were officers, soldiers, musicians and social workers for the Salvation Army through the years. I grew up in the church and my dad was a social worker and now does planning studies for the Salvation Army. I have always supported their work and have hosted or done fundraising for at least 30 events throughout my life. They are by far the best and most trusted international charitable organization in the world. The work they are doing right now, specifically to build the new Hope Center in Pasadena, is incredible. The Salvation Army is always ‘doing the most good.’”
In 2019, the Salvation Army’s Pasadena Tabernacle provided the following important services:
• 8,803 meals/food boxes to individuals in need
• 73,000 nights of housing to men and women in recovery and low-income seniors
• 716 Thanksgiving dinners served and 722 Christmas food boxes provided
• 235 clothing vouchers provided
• 1,866 children received Christmas toys or bicycles
• 230 kids received back-to-school clothing and school supplies
• 46 high school girls were provided a prom dress
• After-school youth and music programs that had 288 weekly attendees
There are various sponsorship opportunities to support the Salvation Army with this event. For information, call Jody Davis at (626) 773-4432 or email Jody.Davis@USW.SalvationArmy.org.